Bilingual Baby: Learning Styles: Visual
Visual Learner Characteristics; Visual learners are those who learn through seeing things.
Look over the characteristics below to see if they sound familiar.
- Is good at spelling but forgets names.
- Needs quiet study time.
- Has to think awhile before understanding lecture.
- Is good at spelling.
- Likes colors & fashion.
- Dreams in color.
- Understands/likes charts.
- Is good with sign language.
Learning Suggestions for Visual Learners
- Draw a map of events in history or draw scientific process.
- Make outlines of everything!
- Copy what’s on the board.
- Ask the teacher to diagram.
- Diagram sentences!
- Take notes, make lists.
- Watch videos.
- Color code words, research notes.
- Outline reading.
- Use flashcards.
- Use highlighters, circle words, underline.
Best Test Type for Visual Learners:
Diagramming, reading maps, essays (if you’ve studied using an outline), showing a process
Worst test type:
Listen and respond tests