Bilingual Baby: Services: Nursery: Montessori Staff
Working in a Montessori Nursery requires an energetic, enthusiastic and committed individual.
Bilingual Baby will provide your nursery with the most qualified and experienced Montessori staff that the UK has to offer. From Managers to Assistants, Permanent or Temporary staff – Bilingual Baby has you covered. Our superb reputation for quality of service is what makes us the Agency of choice for childcare and Nursery placements.
Bilingual Baby believes in celebrating each child’s individuality, our key focus is to encourage the development and a ensure they have joy of learning. With our Montessori placements, we take great care to only place staff that have a clear and comprehensive understanding of Maria Montessori and her methods. Our team of specialist nursery consultants will provide you with a one on one service to ensure that all of your Montessori staffing requirements and expectations are exceeded.
Montessori Nursery Staff:
A Montessori Manager is responsible for overseeing that the nursery is running smoothly and effectively. They are required to work closely with all members of staff within the nursery. Montessori managers also provide motivation, education and evaluation to all members of staff and pupils to ensure that all EYFS requirements are being met. They are in charge of ensuring all Ofsted, heath and safety as well as hygiene regulations are being met all times.
A Montessori Manager must have a thorough understanding of the EYFS framework and be an expert in the Montessori methods. The Montessori Manager is also required to be an exemplary role model and childcare provider who is vigilant and attentive to the needs of the children. They are also in charge of a range of administrative and managerial tasks that are essential to the day to day running of the nursery.
● Minimum of 3 years management in an Early Years setting (ideally Montessori) Depending on the Nursery you may also be required to have experience with implementing Montessori methods whilst being in line with the EYFS curriculum
Salary Ranges: £18,000 – £35,000
● EYE (Early Years Educator)
● EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage
● AMI Diploma level 3 – 6
● NVQ Level 3
● Previous management experience
● Paediatric First Aid
A Montessori manager will typically work Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 6pm.
The aim of Montessori teaching is to learn by doing. Maria Montessori believed that children could be independent learners and by following her methods this can be achieved. A Montessori Teacher’s main role is to act as an observer and promote independence with the children. They gradually start to intervene less as the child develops more knowledge and is able to learn and work independently.
The Montessori Teacher also needs to ensure that the learning environment meets the needs and interests of the children.
● Minimum of 2 years working and teaching in a Montessori setting
Salary Expectations: £18,000 – £30,000
● Montessori Certificate or Diploma at Level 3 or above
● NVQ or BTEC (Childcare and education)
● GCSE including English and Maths (A Level could also be required)
● Excellent knowledge of EYFS and implementing it in line with the Montessori curriculum
● Paediatric First Aid qualification
A full time Montessori Teacher can be expected to work up to 40 hours per week.
The role of a Montessori Assistant plays a crucial role in the overall success of the Montessori nursery. The Montessori Assistant supports the teacher by creating gentle interaction with the children and an overall peaceful and harmonious classroom.
● 2 years of working within a nursery (Montessori setting is ideal but not essential)
£14,000 to £17,000
● CACHE (Level 3 Diploma in childcare and education)
● NVQ (Level 3 Diploma in childcare and education)
● EYE or BTEC (National Diploma in childcare, learning and development)
● Montessori Certificate or Diploma Level 3
If you do not have one of these qualifications you will need to show a willingness to complete a Montessori qualification at Level 3 or higher.
As a full time Montessori Assistant you will be expected to work up to 40 hours per week.